Apr 19th, 10:47am
5 tips for when you fall in love with someone who’s depressed;
- Their mind will be like a map with no markers, full of roads they believe lead nowhere. Show them that you are the destination they’ve so tirelessly driven towards, and until they reach you, allow them to rest in the comfort of your arms when they run out of gas.
- They will think their strength is equivalent to that of a sapling, bound to be crushed by society’s foot every time it tries to grow. Make it known that you believe they can stand just as sturdy as an Oak tree; their roots delve deeper into the soil of life than they know.
- On the mornings they awaken from a restless sleep with heavy bags under their eyes, lace words of adoration around their chest in an embrace that will make them forget they’re there in the first place. Press kisses under their eyelids and peel away the sorrow stuck beneath them. Tell them it’s okay, you can start over today.
- There will be some nights where all they can think about is being the unfortunate rabbit crossing the road when an eighteen-wheeler comes barreling down it. The bloodshed they long to spill is not the way; let them dribble tears into your cupped hands and say, ‘this is how you rid of sorrow, not with violence towards yourself’.
- They will be attached to their sadness like a lover they simply cannot let go. Drape your love over their heart and show them that you will keep them warmer than the darkness ever did.
Haley Hendrick (s-k-e-t-c-h-e-d)
(Source: s-k-e-t-c-h-e-d, via n-ovaturient)